Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Hot Ski Guide/Instructors.

Taking it easy after my stupid race. It's 11:43 and really I should have gone to bed at 10. I have no intention of following my silly schedule or waking up on time.. I'm going to stay up all night tonight because I have good books that need to be read.

Today, I got in my 2nd day of skiing for the season. Still trying to remember how to ski. I bought 4 tickets to Squaw at the start of the season, I finally used one of them.

I managed to leave SF a little bit after 6, pretty much no traffic going up I80 so staying at speed limit + or - 5 mph I got up there maybe 9:30. I listened to the Harry Potter audio book on the way up.. which works great.

The demo center at gold coast worked well, I probably tried 4 different skis, Nordica Jet Fuel, Nordica Hellcat, Rossignol (some big bandit freeride ski), Volkl AC40. The Hellcat and AC40's were most memorable. Last time I tried skis the Mantra stood out (except for the ankle pain it caused)

At one point I was chatting with a stranger on the lift. Talking about trying out skis, she says she likes her current skis and had demoed them 14 days before buying. I said it must have cost a lot,
"Nah, it's free for cute chicks" she says. Then we're talking about if I'm skiing tomorrow and mumbles something that I didn't catch that ended with an opportunity to ski with hot girls. I must have mis heard her... Nope I didn't mishear her. she's a self described "hot ski instructor/guide" if I want one, and hands me card with picture to prove it. LOL. Who doesn't need a hot ski guide/instructor? She says there are other girls in her company if I wanted someone else.

Actually I do usually get a few ski lessons per year.. not so much this year since I've only been up once before this. She gave me a couple free tips on the run.. "although it was a very controlled run, I was sliding a lot. Be more aggressive, try to feel entire foot from toe to heel" then she went off to film some jumps off cliffs.

I thought it was the funniest thing of the day.

No comments: