got up around 3:30 am and finished packing for my 7am flight. Virgin America is interesting.. they show TV, videos etc while in flight.
Hurt my neck trying to read on the flight. Happens all the time, really I need to do more to fix it. I left my cell phone at the rental car place and didn't realise it until I was 40 minutes away. So I drove back and got it eating up 1:30 of chill time.
I put on my wetsuit and swam in the ocean for about 8 minutes.. I couldn't make myself stay in longer. Swimming with ocean waves is interesting. It's not like swimming in the bay even with rough waves. Mostly in the bay waves mean vertical motion. At the beach I had to keep an eye on the waves to avoid getting water shoved into my mouth. Also the big waves tended to turn me side to side as well as up and down. I can't say I liked it.
I spent way too much time on my feet at the expo. My legs felt tired. I bought some of those fancy compression socks, met people from slotwitch, saw Heather Fuhr and other pros, and picked my bike up from Tri Bike Transport. At 6:30 I have dinner with some GGTC people.
Oh I should have mentioned it first but I skinned my big toe on Wednesday. I've covered it with liquid bandage but every step in my running shoes hurts! I'm hoping the endorphins kick in and make me forget the pain during the run... I fully expect my foot to be a bloody mess by the end of the day. I plan on ignoring it.
No comments:
Post a Comment