Friday, April 18, 2008

Salty



This pic is from the oceanside 70.3 I did a few weeks ago. I'm encrusted with salt from head to toe. I was even saltier than what this image shows. Although i slow the whole way through on the run I hit a wall i never got through. I ended up walking half of it. I now know that wall to be an electrolyte problem. It can be easily fixed by popping another salt pill. For Oceanside I used my usual salt intake of about 350mg sodium/hour. I really needed much more, witness my legs. I think I was drinking more water than before and that was the problem.

Also I did my 1st rides on the new bike today. It whistles when I go fast. At first I thought it was music playing in the distance, but no it was me. I was comfortable for a while in the aerobars. going up hills was harder than on my bike, and I really notice that I've lost some powerful gears and easy gears too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: